Definition: Financial Market refers to a marketplace, where creation and trading of financial assets, such as shares, debentures, bonds, derivatives, currencies, etc. take place. It plays a crucial role in allocating limited resources, in the country’s economy. It acts as an intermediary between the savers and investors by mobilising funds between them.
They are beginning to fret far more about insecure contracts, precarious scheduling, low wages and new forms of work via online gig economy platforms such as Uber. The OECD, the influential Paris-based club for rich countries, will publish a “jobs strategy” in 2018 that is likely to put much more emphasis on the quality and inclusiveness of work.
Functions of Financial Market
Separate temperature measurements taken from satellites do not show 2014 as a record year, although it is close. Several scientists said the satellite readings reflected temperatures in the atmosphere, not at the earth’s surface, so it was not surprising that they would differ slightly from the ground and ocean-surface measurements that showed record warmth.
- It facilitates mobilisation of savings and puts it to the most productive uses.
- It helps in determining the price of the securities. The frequent interaction between investors helps in fixing the price of securities, on the basis of their demand and supply in the market.
- It provides liquidity to tradable assets, by facilitating the exchange, as the investors can readily sell their securities and convert assets into cash.
- It saves the time, money and efforts of the parties, as they don’t have to waste resources to find probable buyers or sellers of securities. Further, it reduces cost by providing valuable information, regarding the securities traded in the financial market.
The financial market may or may not have a physical location, i.e. the exchange of asset between the parties can also take place over the internet or phone also.
Classification of Financial Market
- By Nature of Claim
- Debt Market: The market where fixed claims or debt instruments, such as debentures or bonds are bought and sold between investors.
- Equity Market: Equity market is a market wherein the investors deal in equity instruments. It is the market for residual claims.
- By Maturity of Claim
- Money Market: The market where monetary assets such as commercial paper, certificate of deposits, treasury bills, etc. which mature within a year, are traded is called money market. It is the market for short-term funds. No such market exist physically; the transactions are performed over a virtual network, i.e. fax, internet or phone.
- Capital Market: The market where medium and long term financial assets are traded in the capital market. It is divided into two types:
- Primary Market: A financial market, wherein the company listed on an exchange, for the first time, issues new security or already listed company brings the fresh issue.
- Secondary Market: Alternately known as the Stock market, a secondary market is an organised marketplace, wherein already issued securities are traded between investors, such as individuals, merchant bankers, stockbrokers and mutual funds.
- By Timing of Delivery
- Cash Market: The market where the transaction between buyers and sellers are settled in real-time.
- Futures Market: Futures market is one where the delivery or settlement of commodities takes place at a future specified date.
- By Organizational Structure
- Exchange-Traded Market: A financial market, which has a centralised organisation with the standardised procedure.
- Over-the-Counter Market: An OTC is characterised by a decentralised organisation, having customised procedures.
7.You Haven't Gotten a Raise in the Last Two Years
‘The Mindy Project’ It doesn’t matter that Mindy Kaling’s comedy on Fox is in its third season and still not a hit, because it keeps improving with age. It has grown from a one-comedian showcase into a very funny ensemble effort, thanks in part to the addition of Adam Pally in Season 2 and jokes about Ms. Kaling’s alma mater, Dartmouth.
《美国谍梦》(The Americans)，FX，1月28日播出。这部剧精彩地将冷战间谍惊悚剧与家庭剧融为一体，第三季一开始，潜伏在华盛顿的克格勃小队感受到了苏联的阿富汗战争的压力。弗兰克·兰格拉(Frank Langella)加入演员阵容，饰演剧中夫妻间谍的新联系人，取代了玛戈·马丁代尔(Margo Martindale)饰演的克劳迪娅(Claudia)。顺便说一句，八天后NBC即将首播的《忠诚》(Allegiance)是讲述潜伏在美国的俄罗斯间谍的。哈。